Sunday, January 25, 2009

Introducing Nut Hugger

Nut Hugger

As an avid squirrel aficionado, one my most prized possessions is Nut Hugger sculpted by Seonna Hong.

I first spotted Nut Hugger at the San Diego Comic-Con a few years ago. Nut Hugger was part of a toy series from Neo Kaiju Projectt from Strangeco. The entire toy line consisted of figures modeled by Gary Baseman, Tim Biskup, Kathy Staico Schorr and Todd Schorr. Some figures were more popular than others and when I finally decided to plunk down good money for Nut Hugger, she was sold out. Broken hearted, I opted for my second-favorite -- Tako Girl -- a purple octopus figure wearing a headband also designed by Seonna Hong.

Cute but still not the the figure I wanted.

Nuthugger with chocolates

A few years passed and in 2007 for Valentine's Day, I received Nut Hugger as a gift. Little did I know that Nut Hugger was one of the most-popular Neo Kaiju. It is an almost impossible figure to find now unless you have a connection overseas.

1 comment: